Saturday, June 10, 2006

Rosa Belle

[This morning we read Bridger's Dinosaur Blog and discovered that it was dedicated to Sami. So Sami wanted to dedicate her post to her cousin Jaylee, which is what she means when she says:]

I want to send it to Jaylee.

[I then explained that when she "writes" her posts, she should avoid starting her sentences with "Daddy" because she is writing to the whole world. She then clarified and emphasized:]

My heart is talking to the whole world.

I like about princesses and I like to hug them in my heart. I love princesses.

Does Jason have a laptop? [I explained that he has a computer to which she exclaimed, "Woohoo!" She wanted to make sure Jaylee was going to be able to read this.]

I like about princesses, that they give me kisses on the lips. Girls kissing girls, like me and mommy do.

That's all the things I like about princesses.

Oh yeah. My favorite princesses are Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine...and Belle.

[Dad's Note: I'm always correcting her on her speech (that's what parents are supposed to do...teach their children.) so it's been very hard to leave some of the grammar unedited. When I read it back to her I let her know that she can make changes. I suggested that what she means when she says, "I like about..." is really "What I like about..." and asked her if she wanted me to change it. She said, "No" and shrugged her shoulders as if to say 'like it matters'.

When I asked her what she would like the title of this post to be I suggested the title "What I Like about Princesses". She didn't like it and said that the post should be entitled "Rosa Belle"]

No comments: