Friday, June 09, 2006

Sami's First Story

When asked what she would "write" about if she had her own blog:

I'd talk about bugs and stuff like that, and insects.

Griffin, do you want to talk about froggies?

Griffin: Yeah, I want to talk about sharks.

And Daddy, in it, I want to talk about bugs and insects and about how they crawl on you like that. And I want to draw a picture of them.

Daddy, what does all that say?

Daddy? Um, after this can I draw a picture of them...please. Are you writing down what you say, too? (I'm not.)

Oh, ok. You just write down what me and Griffin say. Griffin! Talk about insects and stuff!

Dad, if you were a bug I would smoosh you like an ant.

I read about bugs, that red ants bite and they carry food. One time when I was at my dad's work I saw a red ant carrying a stick and my friend took it out of it's mouth. Really. That really happened.

The pizza is beeping now. Let's go Dad, the pizza!

[Dad's Note: We went downstairs and ate lunch together (the beeping was the microwave timer for the pizza that was cooking in the oven) and whilst eating lunch I further discussed Sami's blog with her. I let her know that she didn't have to write about what Bridger wrote about and that she could write about anything that was of interest to her. Her response was, "I knew that." Then she took a drink of her lemonade and made a slurping sound. She said, "Oops, I'm not supposed to slurp. I forgot." Then she started into this big story about a pig and about how they slurp, but they do that because they have big throats and it's ok. I told her, "See, that could be a blog posting." Her response was, "I knew that." When asked what she would like to name her blog she suggested the following: Sami's Blog Utah or Rosa (which she informed me means "rose"). I suggested "Sami Lee Stories" and she really liked that. She chose a template that she liked which just happened to be called "Thisaway Rose", so that will fulfill the rose requirement.

It should be noted that the blog idea came from her friend Bridger who has his own blog which his dad writes on his behalf. The format thus far is copied from his blog, except that my "Dad's Notes" seem to be a bit more verbose.]

No comments: